Business Forecasting Conference - Perth
Friday, 20 March 2015
Hyatt Regency, Freshwater Bay, 99 Adelaide Terrace
Subscribers: Check Complimentary Seat Status and Make Bookings
ECONOMIC SESSIONS 9:00am – 12:30pm: Outlook & Overview; Investment, Infrastructure & Mining and State Outlook
ECONOMIC OUTLOOK AND OVERVIEW • TIME: 9:00AM –10:30AM
Slow and difficult transition with cyclical and structural shifts. Lower dollar is key to future strength. Current weakness is good news.
- How long will the economy stay weak? How weak?
- Mining boom was windfall gain, now reversing. Sectoral impacts.
- Growth, Employment, Spending, Inflation, Interest rates.
- The dollar. How low should it go? Winners and losers.
- Will interest rates stay low here when they’ll be rising overseas?
- Business still cost-cutting, deferring investment. Investment recovery?
- When will conditions improve? For whom?
INVESTMENT, INFRASTRUCTURE & MINING, & STATE OUTLOOK • TIME: 11:00AM –12:30PM
Cyclical shifts in construction sectors and regions.
- Outlook for the global economy, commodity prices and the dollar?
- How big will be the fall in resources investment? Will it recover?
- How do we finance infrastructure with budget deficits as far as the eye can see?
- How long can residential recovery be sustained? Will prices rise further?
- Prospects for investment markets? Interest rate strategies?
- Directions & drivers. Prospects by industry & state.
Conference Invite 2015
'MAINTAINING LEADERSHIP IN A CHANGING RESOURCES WORLD'
Innovation and reform to reduce risk and cut the cost of doing business – how we’re building our mines and petroleum future for the benefit of all Western Australians.
BUILDING SESSIONS 2:00pm – 5:00pm Residential and Non-residential Building & Property
RESIDENTIAL BUILDING & PROPERTY • TIME: 2:15PM – 3:45PM
Home building is booming – how high and how long will it run?
- Population intake from overseas is slowing sharply. What does it imply for dwelling activity, this year and beyond?
- Is Australia’s new love affair with apartments here to stay? Get the outlook for medium and high density building.
- Can detached houses take over from high rise as the growth driver in 2015/16?
- Have alterations and additions finally joined the recovery?
Residential building prospects by state and dwelling type, ahead to June 2016.
Australia’s leading independent dwelling outlook conference of its kind.
NON-RESIDENTIAL BUILDING & PROPERTY • TIME: 4:05PM – 5:00PM
Will 2015/16 be a vintage year for non-residential building?
- Public spending on non-residential building is slow. Where can you look to maintain your business volumes, this year and beyond?
- Commercial property cycles are out of sync. How will this play out? What should we do? What impact on investment returns and building?
- Find out which segment of non-residential building will rank #1 this year.
- Will the rise in private building offset declining public building?
Non-residential building outlook by state and across 12 sectors.