Building in Australia 2013 – 2028
DECEMBER 2013 BUILDING IN AUSTRALIA 2013 – 2028 UPDATED FORECASTS - NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE
Residential building is about to see its strongest upturn in a long time. Could activity in the next few years surpass previous records? Momentum is developing in New South Wales, Queensland and Western Australia – what does it mean for your business, and where will the best opportunities be found? In terms of risks, is Victoria still expected to see a local slowdown? Interest rates are at historic lows, but for how long? Will the $A fall and take some of the pressure off? Looking further out, where will the building cycle be by 2020?
Non-residential building is forecast to rise in 2014 and beyond, backed by a pipeline of projects and improving economic conditions. Much of this growth will be driven by commercial & industrial building as improved confidence boosts private sector investment. Which markets are undersupplied and set to see solid expansion? When will the office market see a significant upturn? And after moving sideways because of online competition and lower trend turnover growth, is retail construction poised to take off?
For enquiries please contact Kim Hawtrey on +61 2 8458 4204 or +61 (0) 40883807
Building in Australia provides:
Building in Australia 2013-2028 also comes with online resources that may be downloaded from our website, including: chapters in PDF format, charts in MS Powerpoint and tables in MS Excel.
Revised 5 year forecasts to be published online in December 2013, for online subscribers to download.
Online access may be shared with up to 4 other staff members for greater utilisation of the service.
PH: +61 2 8458 4220
Summary – DECEMBER UPDATE 2013
Excel Database – December Update 2013
- BIA Data - A&A quarterly forecasts (constant prices).xls (xls, 114kb)
- BIA Data - Dwelling approvals quarterly forecasts.xls (xls, 795kb)
- BIA Data - Dwelling commencements quarterly forecasts.xls (xls, 787kb)
- BIA Data - Dwelling completions quarterly forecasts.xls (xls, 834kb)
- BIA Data - Non-residential forecasts (constant prices).xls (xls, 1359kb)
- BIA Data - Non-residential forecasts (current prices).xls (xls, 1203kb)
- BIA Data - Total Value of Building forecasts (constant prices).xls (xls, 826kb)
- BIA Data - Total Value of Building forecasts (current prices).xls (xls, 787kb)
Report – July 2013
- Report: Building in Australia 2013 – 2028 (pdf, 4489kb)
- Executive Summary (pdf, 277kb)
- Ch.1 - Introduction (pdf, 235kb)
- Ch.2 - Economic Drivers of Building Activity (pdf, 653kb)
- Ch.3 - Demographic Drivers of Building Activity (pdf, 754kb)
- Ch.4 - Outlook for Residential Building (pdf, 1139kb)
- Ch.5 - Outlook for Non-Residential Building (pdf, 986kb)
- Ch.6 - Building in Australia Forecasts (pdf, 328kb)