Building in Australia 2016 – 2031
Report Published: July 2016
2016 REPORT NOW AVAILABLE!
Residential building activity is at historic highs, but has reached a turning point. What does it mean for your business, and where will the best opportunities be found? Should you brace for a slump in high rise apartments? Is your company positioned to ride out the downturn in population? When will the mining states regain their momentum? How many dwellings will be built a year from now? Two years from now? Looking further out, where will the building cycle be beyond 2020?
Non-residential building will present fresh opportunities in 2017 and beyond, backed by a pipeline of projects and improving economic conditions, yet some sectors will benefit more than others. When will returning confidence boost private sector investment in commercial & industrial building? Which markets are undersupplied and set to experience solid expansion? And is the tide finally turning for social & institutional building?
Building in Australia 2016 – 2031 report provides a respected and independent medium term assessment of the Australian building industry outlook. The report contains demographic trends and detailed forecasts of residential (housing, other dwellings), non-residential (commercial, industrial, social and institutional) and home renovation markets, by state. Report service. Annual, with half yearly update.
The report features
- Annual forecasts of building activity to 2021, taking into account the building cycle, then two five-year average forecasts for the ten years to 2031, which will give an assessment of the long-term underlying demand for each building sector in light of long-term economic and demographic trends
- Analysis of the economic environment and projections, including interest rates
- Analysis of trends in demographic factors and their impact on the underlying demand for dwelling and non-dwelling building
- Forecasts of the value of building commencements by state, in current and constant prices, including total dwellings, alterations and additions to dwellings and non-dwelling building
- Forecasts of dwelling approvals, commencements and completions for houses and other dwellings (flats, units and town houses) covering private and government sectors for each state
- Forecasts of median house prices for each capital city
- Forecasts of the value of non-dwelling building commencements in constant prices by state for each sector: offices, shops, hotels, factories, education, health, religion, entertainment, recreation and other
In addition to the hard copy report, subscribers to the Building in Australia 2016 – 2031 online service receive access to download resources from our website, including chapters in PDF format, charts in MS Powerpoint and tables in MS Excel.
Online access may be shared with up to 4 other staff members for greater utilisation of the service.
For enquiries please contact Kim Hawtrey on +61 2 8458 4204 or firstname.lastname@example.org
REPORT – JULY 2016
Adobe PDF document files for download by subscribers.
REPORT: BUILDING IN AUSTRALIA 2016 – 2031 (pdf, 5.05 MB)
EXECUTIVE SUMMARY (pdf, 367 KB)
CH.1 - INTRODUCTION (pdf, 318 KB)
CH.2 - ECONOMIC DRIVERS OF BUILDING ACTIVITY (pdf, 687 KB)
CH.3 - DEMOGRAPHIC DRIVERS OF BUILDING ACTIVITY (pdf, 1.31 MB)
CH.4 - OUTLOOK FOR RESIDENTIAL BUILDING (pdf, 990 KB)
CH.5 - OUTLOOK FOR NON-RESIDENTIAL BUILDING (pdf, 1.40 MB)
CH.6 - BUILDING IN AUSTRALIA FORECASTS (pdf, 412 KB)
TABLES & CHARTS – JULY 2016
PowerPoint document files for download by subscribers.
BIA 2016 - REPORT CHARTS (ppt, 6.23 MB)
BIA 2016 - REPORT TABLES (xls, 992 KB)
BIA 2016 - NON-RESIDENTIAL PROJECT LISTING (xls, 41 KB)
EXCEL DATA AND FORECASTS – JULY 2016
Excel document files for download by subscribers.
BIA DATA - A&A QUARTERLY FORECASTS (CONSTANT PRICES).XLS (xls, 118 KB)
BIA DATA - DWELLING APPROVALS QUARTERLY FORECASTS.XLS (xls, 1.17 MB)
BIA DATA - DWELLING COMMENCEMENTS QUARTERLY FORECASTS.XLS (xls, 1.14 MB)
BIA DATA - DWELLING COMPLETIONS QUARTERLY FORECASTS.XLS (xls, 1.24 MB)
BIA DATA - NON-RESIDENTIAL FORECASTS (CONSTANT PRICES).XLS (xls, 1.42 MB)
BIA DATA - NON-RESIDENTIAL FORECASTS (CURRENT PRICES).XLS (xls, 1.26 MB)
BIA DATA - TOTAL VALUE OF BUILDING FORECASTS (CONSTANT PRICES).XLS (xls, 817 KB)
BIA DATA - TOTAL VALUE OF BUILDING FORECASTS (CURRENT PRICES).XLS (xls, 843 KB)