This report examines the outlook for the mining and heavy industry category of engineering construction. This includes the resources, minerals processing and other heavy industrial sectors.
Mining and heavy industry construction activity has boomed over the past decade, with a doubling in work done over the last two years alone. Slowing global growth and weaker commodity prices during the second half of 2012, along with rising costs, has pushed out the next round of projects, although a substantial pipeline of work remains.
This report provides historical data and forecasts for mining and heavy industry construction activity by state and segment, including oil and gas (including CSG/LNG activity); coal and coal handling; other minerals; bauxite, alumina and aluminium; and other heavy industry. Our forecasts of work done are based on tracking major projects as well as estimating work for sustaining capital activities.
Issues tackled by the report include:
- Have we reached the peak in mining and heavy industry construction work done?
- How far, and how quickly, is activity likely to fall after the peak?
- What is the outlook for commodity prices and when are the next round of projects likely to start?
- Which segments and states offer the best prospects for growth through the next five years, and in the longer term?
Subscribers to this report receive:
- The hard copy report published in April 2013
- Major project lists on which the forecasts are based, including $ value, sponsor, and the forecast construction period
- Full online access to all report elements in soft copy form, including data and tables in Excel format, charts in PowerPoint format, and report chapters and commentary in PDF format.
- A full 6 month update of all forecasts in October 2013 delivered through the online access service
- Quarterly email alerts upon the release of detailed ABS data discussing recent data trends for work done, commencements and work yet to be done
- 50% discount on internal presentations by key BIS Shrapnel analysts at your own offices anywhere in Australia
If you have queries regarding this service, please contact Adrian Hart or Kellie Osta on 02 8458 4200.
PH: +61 2 8458 4233