Residential Property Prospects 2016 – 2019
Report Published: June 2016
RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY PROSPECTS 2016 – 2019 UPDATE: AVAILABLE IN DECEMBER AT A SPECIAL PRICE!
Investor lending activity slowed in 2015/16 due to changes to lending policy in response to APRA directives to contain growth in speculative investment. However, there are signs that investor activity is picking up again. Will this translate to stronger demand in 2016/17 and a resurgence in price growth in Sydney and Melbourne? Will the downturn in resource sector spending continue to have an impact on affected markets? Is the upturn in residential construction taking the residential market into oversupply, and in which states? Will the impact be different across the house and unit markets? Which cities will offer the best prospects over the next three years?
Residential Property Prospects 2016 – 2019 is a comprehensive report that provides a detailed and independent view of the fundamentals of the residential market and how they interact to drive activity and price growth across the different state markets. Forecasts are based on current and emerging trends, rather than media commentary around the 24 hour news cycle, with a three year outlook aimed to identify turning points in the market with a view to understand where price growth is likely to be, rather than where it is already occurring.
Residential Property Prospects 2016 – 2019 details the underlying assumptions behind our forecasts, with the reasoning behind each. This includes:
- the economic outlook and business conditions
- interest rate movements and timings, housing loan affordability
- impact of Federal and State government incentives
- net interstate and overseas migration
- underlying demand and dwelling construction
- stock deficiencies or oversupply in each market
- rental growth and yields for detached houses and units by capital city
- annual median house and unit price forecasts to June 2019, by capital city and also the regional areas of Newcastle, Wollongong, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Townsville and Cairns (house price forecasts only)
A subscription to Residential Property Prospects 2016 – 2019 includes the main report, together with an update report published in December. Quarterly Market Briefs are also provided in September and March to keep you up-to-date with events impacting on the residential market and your organisation will have access to our team of residential property consultants and analysts throughout the year for enquiries or to discuss forecasts, content or methodologies. Reports are provided in Hard Copy only.
For further information download the extract or for enquiries please contact Angie Zigomanis on +61 3 8679 7304 or firstname.lastname@example.org