Residential Property Prospects 2015 – 2018
Report Published: June 2015
DECEMBER 2015 UPDATE NOW PUBLISHED – SPECIAL OFFER PRICE AVAILABLE!
Strong house price growth in Sydney and Melbourne has continued in 2015, while price growth in the other capitals has been limited. Investors have been a key driver of housing demand across all markets.
Changes to lending policy in response to APRA directives have been aimed mainly at investors, but interest rates have risen for owner occupiers as well. Is this having a negative impact on investor demand? How will affordability be influenced by the out-of-cycle interest rate rises by the banks? What impact is the downturn in resource sector spending having on the economy and which markets will be most affected? Will the upturn in residential construction drive any markets into oversupply? Will the impact be different across the house and unit markets?
Residential Property Prospects 2015 – 2018 is a comprehensive report that provides a detailed and independent view of the fundamentals of the residential market and how they interact to drive activity and price growth across the different state markets. Forecasts are based on current and emerging trends, rather than media commentary around the 24 hour news cycle, with a three year outlook aimed to identify turning points in the market with a view to understand where price growth is likely to be, rather than where it is already occurring.
Residential Property Prospects 2015 – 2018 details the underlying assumptions behind our forecasts, with the reasoning behind each. This includes:
- the economic outlook and business conditions
- interest rate movements and timings, housing loan affordability
- impact of Federal and State government incentives
- net interstate and overseas migration
- underlying demand and dwelling construction
- stock deficiencies or oversupply in each market
- rental growth and yields by capital city. NEW FOR 2015 – forecasts for median unit rents, prices and yields (in addition to the equivalent detached house forecasts)
- annual median house and unit price forecasts to June 2018, by capital city and the regional areas of Newcastle, Wollongong, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Townsville and Cairns (house price forecasts only)
A subscription to Residential Property Prospects 2015 – 2018 includes the main report, along with the update to be published in December. Market Briefs for September and March quarters will also be provided to keep you up-to-date with events impacting on the residential market. Your organisation will also have access to our team of residential property consultants and analysts throughout the year to further discuss forecasts, content or methodologies. Reports are provided in Hard Copy only.
For further information download the extract or for enquiries please contact Angie Zigomanis on +61 3 8679 7304 or email@example.com