Residential Property Prospects 2015 – 2018
Report Published: June 2015
REPORT NOW PUBLISHED
Sydney and Melbourne residential markets look to have gained another leg to price growth in response to the February cut to interest rates. Can the May interest rate cut accelerate this momentum, or provide stimulus to the other capital cities? Is there potential for further cuts to interest rates and what will be the impact on affordability and prices? Will prices be sustainable when interest rates rise? Are Sydney and Melbourne experiencing a price bubble? How will the downturn in resource sector investment impact on the Brisbane, Perth and Darwin markets? Does the emerging upturn in residential construction have the potential to result in oversupplied markets, leaving them even more exposed to a downturn?
Residential Property Prospects 2015 – 2018 is a comprehensive report that provides a detailed and independent view of the fundamentals of the residential market and how they interact to drive activity and price growth across the different state markets. Forecasts are based on current and emerging trends, rather than media commentary around the 24 hour news cycle, with a three year outlook aimed to identify turning points in the market with a view to identifying where price growth is likely to be, rather than where it is already occurring.
NEW FOR 2015: The 2015 report will include for the first time forecasts for median unit rents, prices and yields, as well as the equivalent detached house forecasts.
Residential Property Prospects 2015 – 2018 details the underlying assumptions behind our forecasts, with the reasoning behind each. This includes:
- the economic outlook and business conditions
- interest rate movements and timings, housing loan affordability
- impact of Federal and State government incentives
- net interstate and overseas migration
- underlying demand and dwelling construction
- stock deficiencies or oversupply in each market
- rental growth and yields by capital city. NEW FOR 2015 - this year’s report also includes forecasts for median unit rents, prices and yields (in addition to the equivalent detached house forecasts)
- annual median house and unit price forecasts to June 2018, by capital city and the regional areas of Newcastle, Wollongong, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Townsville and Cairns (house price forecasts only)
An annual subscription includes the main report, along with an update published in December. Market Briefs are also provided in September and March quarters to keep you up-to-date with all events impacting on the residential market. Your organisation will also have access to our team of residential property consultants and analysts throughout the year to further discuss forecasts, content or methodologies. Reports are provided in Hard Copy only.
For further information download the extract or for enquiries please contact Angie Zigomanis on +61 3 8679 7304 or email@example.com