Residential Property Prospects 2014 – 2017
Publication Date: June 2014
Residential markets nationwide are showing signs of strength, ranging from modest improvements in Hobart, to major upturns in Sydney. Crucially, low interest rates have been a catalyst for this recovery and will continue to underpin residential markets. Is there further growth in the market, and will this strength be sustainable when interest rates rise? Moreover, does the accompanying upturn in residential construction have the potential to result in oversupplied markets, leaving them even more exposed to a downturn?
Residential Property Prospects 2014 – 2017 is a comprehensive report that provides a detailed and independent view of the fundamentals of the residential market and how they interact to drive activity and price growth across the different state markets. Forecasts are based on current and emerging trends, rather than media commentary around the 24 hour news cycle, with a three year outlook aimed to identify turning points in the market with a view to identifying where price growth is likely to be, rather than where it is already occurring.
Residential Property Prospects 2014 – 2017 details the underlying assumptions behind our forecasts, with the reasoning behind each. This includes:
- the economic outlook and business conditions
- interest rate movements and timings, housing loan affordability
- impact of Federal and State government incentives
- net interstate and overseas migration
- underlying demand and dwelling construction
- stock deficiencies or oversupply in each market
- trends in rental yields and forecasts for rental growth
- annual median house price forecasts for state territory capital cities, as well as the regional areas of Cairns, Townsville, Sunshine Coast, Gold Coast, Newcastle and Wollongong.
An annual subscription includes the main report, along with an update published in December. Market Briefs are also provided in September and March quarters to keep you up-to-date with all events impacting on the residential market. Your organisation will also have access to our team of residential property consultants and analysts throughout the year to further discuss forecasts, content or methodologies. Reports are provided in Hard Copy only.
For further information download the extract or for enquiries please contact Angie Zigomanis on +61 3 8679 7304 or email@example.com